Important Services to be Linked with Aadhaar Card
List of 10 important services to be linked with Aadhaar Card
In this blog, you can read about important services to be linked with Aadhaar card to avoid last minute hassles. Even though Supreme Court has given its verdict to to delay the linking of Aadhaar with important service but with government of India digital push, sooner or later all important services need to be linked with Aadhaar. Here’s is list of important services that you should link with Aadhaar Card:
1. Linking of Aadhaar Card with Bank Account
- Your Aadhaar account can be linked to your bank account online through the net banking facility.
- Visit your bank’s website for more details. You’ll receive an email/SMS alert once the linking is done.
- If you don’t have net banking facility, you can also visit your nearest bank branch to link your Aadhaar account. Fill in the Aadhaar linking form and submit with a photocopy of your Aadhaar card.
2. Link Aadhaar with PAN (Permanent Account Number)
- You can do this online by visiting the Income Tax website.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, name on the Aadhaar card and PAN. Make sure your name on the Aadhaar card is the same as mentioned on your PAN card. You might have to change either of the names to match if there’s a discrepancy.
- You can also check the status of the linking of aadhaar card after submitting the details.
- You can also link Aadhaar via SMS. To link, send SMS UIDPAN to 567678 or 56161. For example, UIDPAN 123456789123ABCDE1234F (Your Aadhaar card number, a 12 digit number followed by your PAN (ABCDE1234F), a 10 digit alphanumeric string).
3. Link Aadhaar with Voter ID
- You can do this online on the National Voters’ Services Portal (NVSP) website.
- Search your name in the electoral roll and select the option to link Aadhaar details on the left side. Enter Aadhaar details and submit. Your Aadhaar number will be instantly linked with a pop up message announcing successful linking.
- You can also link by sending a SMS in the following format- ECILINK to 166 or 51969. Your EPIC number looks like this – ABC1234567. You can find your EPIC number on your voter ID card or online at nvsp.in
- You can also link your Aadhaar by calling 1950 on weekdays and providing your EPIC and Aadhaar numbers.
4. Link Aadhaar for LPG subsidy
- Visit the website of your LPG distributor (Bharat Gas, HP, Indane etc) to download the subsidy form.
- Fill the details and submit at the nearest LPG distributor office.
- Or call 1800-2333-555 and follow instructions.
5. Link Aadhaar with Ration card
- Submit a photocopy of your Ration card along with photocopies of the Aadhaar card of all family members and a passport size photo of the family head at your ration centre. Await confirmation of Aadhaar linkage by email or SMS.
6. Link Aadhaar with Phone Number
- If your Aadhaar account wasn’t linked to any phone number at the time of Aadhaar registration, visit your phone service provider’s nearest service centre with your Aadhaar card and mobile phone to link your phone number to your Aadhaar number.
- If your Aadhaar account is linked to a primary phone number, more phone numbers can be linked to your Aadhaar account from the comfort of your home by calling 14546. You’ll receive an OTP on the primary phone number linked to your Aadhaar account. Enter the same when prompted to link your phone numbers to your Aadhaar account.
7. Mutual Fund Investments
- Link your Aadhaar account to mutual fund investments by following instructions on the websites of Know Your Customer (KYC) registration agencies like CAMS or Karvy.
8. Insurance Policy
- Link your insurance policies to your Aadhaar number by contacting your insurance agent or visiting your insurance provider’s office.
- Some insurance providers like LIC Life Insurance, SBI Life Insurance, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance and Max Life Insurance also allow you to link Aadhaar online. Visit the website of the insurance provider to know more.
9. Post Office Schemes
- Download the Aadhaar linkage form, fill in the details and submit at your Post Office to access Post Office savings schemes.
10. Universal Account Number (UAN)
- You also need to link your Aadhaar number to your UAN to hold or open a new Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account.
There are many other services/documents which need to be linked with Aadhaar but these are top 10 important services to be linked with Aadhar card immediately. It’s better to link your Aadhaar card to services ahead of time. Linking of Aadhaar Card might be disrupted or delayed due to overwhelming traffic as the deadline draws near. Save yourself the stress and hassle of last minute linkage. Most importantly, link your Aadhaar account early to avoid loss of access to services.